Sign up to
news feeds:

Select RSS feed catergory:


The XXI century will be a сentury either of total all-embracing crisis or of moral and spiritual healing that will reinvigorate humankind. It is my conviction that all of us - all reasonable political leaders, all spiritual and ideological movements, all  faiths - must help in this transition to a triumph of humanism and justice, in making the XXI century a century of a new human renaissance.
 

     
Русский Русский

Partners

Back to the list

Novaya gazeta

Novaya gazeta (New Gazette) was founded in 1993 by a group of Komsomomolskaya pravda journalists (Dmitry Muratov, Pavel Voshchanov, Akram Murtazaev, Dmitry Sabov etc.) as an independent social and political paper with financial support from Mikhail Gorbachev, who used his money to help the newspaper purchase its first computers.

 

The newspaper’s first issue was released on April 1, 1993 under the title Novaya ezhednevnaya gazeta (New Daily Gazette).

Novaya gazeta is a profitable edition. Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev and businessman Alexander Lebedev own 49% of the newspaper and the paper’s staff control the remaining 51% of shares.

The newspaper is published three times a week, on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays, with a print run of 265150 copies.

Editor-in-chief Dmitry Muratov.
 

Website URL – www.novayagazeta.ru

 

 
 
 

Conferences!

News

Peter Conradi, Sunday September 27 2020, 12.01am, The Sunday Times 29 September 2020
On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing, f number of religious organizations held an interfaith memorial ceremony in Hiroshima and on the web, attended by thousands of people. The particpants and the convening organizations adopted an appeal urging political leaders, the scientific community and civil society to continue and redouble efforts aimed at ridding the world of nulcear weapons. President Mikhail Gorbachev and former U.S. Secretary of State George P. Shultz sent letters that were read at the memorial ceremony. 6 August 2020

Gorbachev in the news media

Books